I changed my flight reservations for France yesterday, so I'll be spending 5 extra days there. I'm super excited! I get to go to 3 big family reunions, visit some friends, and just enjoy my country that I miss oh so much!
Last Thursday, Louis and I went to hang out with John Edwards at a bar downtown. He's pretty much amazing, and I'm really excited about what he wants to do for this country, especially for the poor. I hope he wins! John Edwards 08 baby!
I drove up to Portsmouth, NH with Allison to see Someday Rome play at the Blue Mermaid last Friday. It was really fun to see them play a show again, although the traffic on the way up was not exciting.
A church steeple in the sunset in Portsmouth:
Someday Rome rockin' out:
Allison and me listening to Someday Rome:
Louis and I walked 7 miles for Children's Hospital last Sunday, after having spent all day and night Saturday partying for the Pride parade...what a fun weekend! The blisters on my feet still haven't completely healed, but the walk was fun and the weather was gorgeous.
The Gay Pride Parade and other fun stuff:
Walking 7 miles for the kids...the smiles are to hide the pain from the blisters...
Heather is here visiting from North Carolina! She came in on Friday, and is leaving tomorrow morning. We've been all over Boston in the past few days: lots of shopping, eating out, walking around my beautiful city, taking great pictures, etc. Tonight, we're going to the Burren for open mic night, because I've raved about it for so long, I figured I had to take her!
Listening to a Beatles cover band at Toad:
Pretty Boston skyline with sailboats:
The gorgeous rose garden in the Back Bay Fens:
Paolo Nutini doing a free show at the Prudential Center:
This weekend is also going to be super-packed! Two parties, entertaining Louis' aunt Linda, a concert, a Haitian lunch...can't wait!
I'm planning a party for the 29th, as sort of a celebration of this transition point in my life, and a send-off before I go to France. Should be fun, having all my friends together!
2 comments:
Hello la toute belle...
Voilà un moment que je voulais trouver une adresse pourt'envoyer de grosses bises via le net et te dire que j'avais hâte de te revoir... Ton dernier message sur notre blog m'en a donné l'occasion! Bravo pour tout ce que tu vis et ce que tu entreprends, ça à l'air dense mais fantastique! J'ai bien hâte dete voir cet été... See you in a month then! Millions de bises ( à partager) Marion et sa troupe
hooray for a party in dorchester! thanks again for chatting and spending time with me on sunday -- i still can't begin to tell you how much it helped me. huge hug!
Post a Comment