


The Sabourin men/boys, plus Joe:

The Sabourin women/girls:

My grandparents...they're so cute!

Caroline with my cousin Marion's husband, Julien...Caroline adores him!

Grandma playing with baby Philomene:

The boys hanging out:

The little kids singing/dancing around Grandma:


Caroline playing her part well in a skit:

Benoit and Mom and uncle Xavier putting on a show...so funny!


Grandma's birthday cake spectacular!

And then there was dancing...






The kids passed out on a matress in the yard

Fun in the sun:





L'Allemandiere, my grandparents' house, with a rainbow!


As you may know, the Loire valley is littered with hundreds of castles, one of which is le Chateau de Valencay, really close to my grandparents'. Joe, Benoit, Caroline and I went for a visit around the castle and grounds. We even played in the maze!








My uncle Hubert hosted a fantastic crepe party at the lakehouse he was renting...yummmm!
Tickle fight:

Philomene posing for the camera:

Raphael showing off his mouth and hands covered in Nutella:

Louis acting like a model...with a wet spot on his shirt where he tried to clean off the chocolate he spilled on himself:

Hubert with a crepe on his head...he's always being silly:

Marika, Joe and Nastassia:


This super relaxing week was followed by spending a weekend in Lyon, second biggest city in France. Joe, Louis and I took the train there together. They were going to visit Louis' Godmother, and I stayed with my friend Mickael, who I know from UNC. Lyon is also a gorgeous city! And has a great night life! We went out every night (twas weird to go out with my brother, who is only 16) and visited the city during the day.
Fourvieres, the Cathedral that sits on a hill overlooking Lyon, and the city seen from up high:







Lyon at night, seen from a bridge over the Rhone:

Louis and Joe "being cool" at Bar 42:

Dancing to 80s music at Bar 42:



Mickael and I visited le Parc de la Tete d'Or, with the rose garden. And we also pretended we were rhinoceroses...



We also went to Virgin Megastore so I could buy the new Harry Potter the day it came out...and I started reading in the store:

Eating moules-frites in a seafood restaurant on rue Merciere, famous eating street in Lyon:

Sometimes, I like to make silly faces

Out with Christophe, Louis' Godmother's son:
1 comment:
seems they know how to throw a party in france.
it also seems that not even the atlantic gets in the way of mathilde enjoying 80's night dancing!!!
this trip seems like such a treasure!
Post a Comment