I started my new job at Boston University School of Medicine on August 6th. I must say, I like this job much better than the last one. It's basically the same position, but I enjoy this lab a lot more. My boss is a lot nicer, and believes in me a lot more. The people I work with are awesome, and I can totally see myself being here for a while. Not that I really have a choice, since they're paying for school...
The last weekend in August, Benoit was coming back from France and had an overnight layover in Boston, so I hosted him for the night. After all, what are big sisters for? He loved visiting the city with me, but thought it was much too short! I took him to my favorite Indian restaurant down the street, then we walked around downtown and on the waterfront, and I took him to Mike's Pastry. He left the next morning for North Carolina, ready to convince Mom and Dad to let him come back for a longer trip.
The following weekend, I celebrated my 23rd birthday with Boston friends. I'm not a fan of being 23. Somehow it seems so much older than 22. But, so far, it's been the best age of my life. So I'll take it...We went to a new French bistro, Gaslight, and then Bobby and I went out for drinks at Clery's. Which just so happens to be my new favorite bar in the South End. Here are some snapshots from that night:
Bobby and me at dinner:
The 3 Frenchy roommates, Kate, Bobby and Amelia:
The group at dinner:
On the way to Clery's, showing off my gorgeous Kookai dress:
Bobby and me again:
Our Appletini's at Clery's:
I love cherries and martinis!
1 comment:
that dress is gorgeous!
Post a Comment