I got to see 2 of my French cousins on Thursday! They were staying with a family in Connecticut on an exchange, and they came to Boston for the day. I hadn't seen them in almost 3 years, so it was fun to catch up. They're so grown up now! Talking about boys and stuff. Too cute!
This is us standing in front of the State House.
The long and stressful process of deciding to go to BU for School of Public Health (as opposed to paying 8 times less at Carolina) finally ended on Friday. I went to the "Accepted Students' Day" and fell in love with the school. Everyone was super nice, the classes all seemed very interesting, and the professors are really dedicated. Plus I love Boston, I don't want to leave, I have a lot of things tying me down here now. I'll make it work somehow. Just to reassure me even more, I got an email from Financial Services today, and the school is giving me $500 a semester! It's not much, but every bit helps. And if I work at BU, they'll pay for most of my tuition. Phew, that's a load off my shoulders. I think I'm going to be really happy there.
Friday night, I met up with the French convo group, and we went out for pizza and beers. That was super fun. Then went bar-hopping downtown with Guillerme and some of his friends. I'd forgotten how much I love to go out! AND I took a cab home. All by myself. That's a big deal! Lol.
Saturday was fantastic. I went for a run (part of my marathon training, duh) and then did some laundry and sat on the porch reading for a few hours (and soaking in the gorgeous weather). I met up with Louis in Dorchester, and he took me to IKEA, which was super fun, but also kind of stressful. I don't do well in large stores with a bunch of awesome stuff when my time is limited. But I ended up with some really cool stuff, including new shoe-shelves to hold me ever-growing collection. And a cheese-grater. Because IKEA is good at making you buy things you don't need.
We then went upstairs to a dinner party with Louis' neighbors, which was a lot of fun. Funny how Louis just moved here a couple weeks ago, but he's introducing me to a bunch of people already.
After church on Sunday, Louis and I decided to drive North to explore. We figured the weather was perfect for some driving and beaching. Went up to Gloucester, then back down the coast, stopping by Manchester-by-the-Sea and Salem, where we walked around a bit and had a fabulous dinner at the seafood restaurant FINZ. Of course, what beach trip is complete without a photo-shoot? Here are the works of art we came up with.
Louis thought it'd be funny not to warn me before taking this one. Hence the weird face.
I love arm pictures! And we look so cute. The "perfect couple". Haha.
Look at the pretty boat!!
Ok, enough of pictures of me at the beach. My boss is back from vacation, so I guess I better do some actual work.
Thank you, Sun, for making everyone happy.
3 comments:
hmmm yummy sun!
your french cousins look too cute and so totally French!
it was great to see you at French convo!
Those northern beaches look great! I'm jealous. I'm so happy for you that everything is working out great for school and that you love Boston so much. Keep on being happy sis!! Luv Ya
Petit clin d'oeil francais a nos deux ptites cousines trop mignonnes. J'espere que votre voyage americain s'est bien passe. Bisous
Anne-Helene
omg -- those little red-heads, i assume they are baby cousins, are the cutest thing on this planet!!!
ok, you have to see my new green mary janes soon and we're SOOOO going swatch shopping bientot!
it's so funny to see the link to my blog on your blog -- nice detective work, Sherlock!
Post a Comment