Bobby and Matt and I planned a surprise birthday party for French-convo Sally on the 28th. We were in her apartment, decorating, when she came home early with her "Little Sister" to show her around. Boy was she surprised when she saw us in her entryway.
Of course, the surprise would have been better had she come when all the guests were there, but it was fun anyway. So we shooed her out of her home, and told her to come back a couple hours later. The other guests had no idea she'd been by already, she's that good of an actress. Super fun party over all, and I got to take LOTS of leftover food home, which was great.
I went out for Cinco de Mayo with Louis. We did a little shopping, then went to Cottonwood for some margaritas and mexican food, then back to his place for martinis, then met up with some of his friends for Ethiopian food in the South End. Damn, that was so delicious. I'd never eaten Ethipian before. They serve the meat on a huge crepe-like thing, then you use another crepe torn into pieces to pick up pieces of meat with your hands. What a fun experience. Of course I drank way too much, and the next day wasn't very fun. But it was totally worth it.
The second round of the French presidential elections were on May 6th. Nicolas Sarkozy won. I hope he can change the state of the country and make the rest of the world stop disliking the French. His family is really cute. Not that that should matter. We'll see how he does.
The Boston Pops, the popular music symphony orchestra, had their opening night on May 9th, and Ben Folds was playing with them!!! I got tickets at the last minute, so Louis and I went together. Of course, I didn't want to wear jeans and a t-shirt to Symphony Hall, so I got a new dress and new shoes. Yay. The concert itself was amazing. I loooove Ben Folds, and the way they arranged his songs to play with the orchestra was incredible. It was also an eventful opening night, as a phyiscal brawl broke out between 2 guests arguing over talking during the show. It was pretty funny to hear female screams coming from the balcony, followed by the sounds of falling chairs, and the director stopping the music.
I announced to Louis that night that I've decided to move in with him. So I'm moving to Dorchester by the end of the month. It's going to be great. The apartment is gorgeous, and it's really close to my new school, and hopefully my new job. Plus I'd rather live with Louis than 2 roommates I don't really know. I can't wait to move in! The whole decision process was pretty stressful, and involved a loooong list of pro's and con's, but I think I made the right one in the end. The only thing I'm worried about is being far from my church and the choir, but I'll make it work. I'm definitely going to miss Davis Square and all the friends I've made there.
Now I'm busy looking for a new job. I really need to be able to work at BU so they pay my tuition. I would love to be able to start at the beginning of August, right after I get back from France, that way I can leave this job before I go on vacation. I've sent my resume out to many people. Fingers crossed that I'll hear back soon.
This weekend is pretty busy. I'm helping this French baker sell macaroons at Formaggio Kitchen in the South End on Saturday; should be fun; anything for some extra cash.
Then Louis' birthday/our housewarming party is on Saturday night. Many fun people coming in to town for that, can't wait!
And of course, I have to start getting ready for my move, which should be Memorial Day weekend. Yikes!
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment