Thursday, December 20, 2007

November: preparing for Christmas

I love November. The month when it's officially OK to start singing Christmas carols (which I've been singing since before Halloween, of course). The month when the weather really starts to turn cold. The month when you eat a lot, but it's OK because it's the holidays. Mmmm, turkey.

Shelly and Christian were in town in mid-November for an audiology conference Shelly was attending. We met up downtown and watched the tree lighting at Faneuil Hall, then we had brunch at Johnny D's before they left on Sunday. It was great to see them again, especially in the Christmas spirit!





For Thanksgiving, Marc's family invited me to spend the holiday with them in Connecticut. It was fabulous getting to go home with him and meet his family. Connecticut is beautiful, I had a fantastic time! And we even got some studying done!







Louis and I made warm eggnog and SoCo and nutmeg, and decorated our house for Christmas!








Three of my favorite local musicians/bands played a gig at the Lizard Lounge at the end of November, and Louis, Amanda and I went to check it out. Great show, great beer, great friends!





No comments: